Wednesday, April 17, 2013

This weeks CuraGlammer | Bryan Wanga

Hey CuraGlammers,

This week we got a new CuraDancer in town. Most of the Caribbean people may know him already, but not his story and we got a chance to find out more about him.
So if you're a dancer by heart check out this interview and find out if maybe he can inspire you to keep on doing your thing.


Name: Bryan Gabriel Wanga
Nickname: Bboy Private / BeRealz
Age: 21
Hobbies: Singing, Dancing, Drawing & Thinking
Occupation: Dancer, Singer, Song-writer & Entrepreneur

Tell us about yourself.
 I am a very dedicated person as to what I am doing or what I am focused on. Depending on the matter that presents itself I may easily change directions or adapt the way of reading my goal. Talent wise my mom has raised me to do everything as humbly as I can and as real as I can from the heart. That's why my name is BeReal. As an Artist I used to sing in Angelitos which is my mothers singing group. After that I danced with my brother and gave class at Fina Dance Art School. When I got tired of that I started my own dance group called ATA. We gave a few promo shoes and a huge show in Luna Blou called life. We also won the Queens Day breakdance competition a couple of times with the crew Genetically Enhanced and as Phychodelix.


Describe your personal style.
My personal style is: I would say it would be being real, no matter what you think u have it from your heart and brain that makes your reality that  feeds the person you are. So no matter what be real to yourself and others. Humbly enough everyone will see your true meaning in life.


Tell us about your journey of becoming a dancer. My journey to becoming a great dancer is a long and hard one. I have met many great dancer in my time and there are yet so many to meet. I am currently dancing with Solid. I have my first Europe Tour with them called: City Rhythm. After that there were four Suriname Bboys who came to Holland to make a show called: Mother Earth. I helped them creating it and danced in it.

Explain which dance styles are your favorite.
In dance style I have no favorites but I currently specialize and train much more in break-dancing than any other style because of the lack of teachers in the other areas, but for myself I have taken modern Ballet, Jazz Ballet, Crumping, Hip Hop, New Style, Popping and Locking, House and fouging.

What or who inspired you to start dancing?
Truthfully my brother Michael Wanga got me started in the dance world and we gave almost all shows here in Holland together with Solid Ground Movement except the one with the Suriname Bboys.

Also explain how you started singing.
I started singing because I had too. My mom had a singing group since before I was born so I was born into a talented family. Since my father played guitar and my mother also and they composed songs. I stopped for a while to pursue Dancing, but after a while I decided to do everything I possibly could in this life since we only have one of it. That's when I started writing my own songs. My first song is called: Sin Stop, written and singed my me with beats also made by me. The beat for my second song called: Universe feat my best friend Reuel Rogers. I am currently working on a new mixtape and an album with our own Record label called: Upthere.

Have you ever tried combining singing and dancing together?
Not really, because singing takes concentration to reach certain notes and dancing takes your breath away. This is why main artist playback while they dance or they dance just a little bit with their own specialized dancers.

How many hours do you spend training?
As much as I can. Sometimes school and other stuff does come in the ways, but you just have to be disciplined to continue or find time to make your own progression.

How has your family been supporting your dancing and singing?
My family has been a great help so far. My moms is behind me all the way, my father has his own issues but cares for my work. As for cousins and other relatives they don't really care unless we make it big. They probably want money and I will give it also.

In which area are you looking forward to professionalize yourself?In the area of revolutions most people have a great idea of what they want to become in life, but not what they want to accomplish. My goal in life is to make as many minds open to the reality of life through the Arts that the universe has provided me with.

Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years? 
In 5 to 10 years I will probably be happily married with my wife and children, done with my studies and have continued with singing and dancing and my businesses, the record label would also be very lucrative and we would have opened many minds.

Where can we see videos of you performing or training?
On YouTube you can see allot of videos of me.
You can search simply Bryan Wanga or BeRealz or Bboy Private

What is your wish to all readers out there?
My wish to all readers is to please support everyone that is doing something good and valuable for humanity that is the only way to reverse this sickening state the world deprives of today.




No comments:

Post a Comment